Super Mario Odyssey, Gran Turismo Sport Digital Sales In Japan For October Revealed
Digital game sales are rapidly becoming more and more important to the overall success of games and consoles, even in a country like Japan, which has traditionally shied away from online services and purchases. Therefore, to understand the full extent of a game’s success, or the lack thereof, it is necessary to contextualize it with digital game purchases.
So, in Japan, for the month of October, it seems like the two biggest releases of the month- Super Mario Odyssey and Gran Turismo Sport– both ended up doing reasonably well. Super Mario Odyssey sold over 63,500, which was over 11% of its total sales for the month; Gran Turismo sold a far fewer 35,400 copies, but conversely, that represented almost 20% of the game’s total sales.
Neither game topped the charts- the charts were topped by Dead Rising‘s PS4 version, which saw a sale, and therefore heavy uptake, followed by, predictably, Pokemon, specifically Gold/Silver‘s Virtual Console release. You can check out the full charts below.
- Dead Rising (PS4) – 74,415 (99.8%)
- Pokémon Gold & Silver – 65,720 (64.1%)
- Super Mario Odyssey – 63,538 (11.0%)
- Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)- 35,401 (18.7%)
- ARK: Survival Evolved (PS4)- 20,941 (22.4%)
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4)- 20,332 (14.4%)
- FIFA 18 (PS4)- 20,072 (19.1%)
- Splatoon 2 – 16,172 (13.8%)
- City Shrouded in Shadows (PS4)- 12,966 (19.7%)
- Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest &Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary (PS4)- 12,627 (20.5%)
from GamingBolt.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Previews and Blog http://ift.tt/2iko5Vq