Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse – What We Know So Far
If Tom Holland, Andrew Garfield, and Tobey Maguire aren’t enough for you, yet another Spider-Man is coming onto the scene. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is an animated film coming out in December that follows a young and upcoming Spider-Man, as he meets a few other iterations of the iconic character.
What It’s About
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse follows the story of Miles Morales, a teenage boy from Brooklyn who realizes he has the same powers as Spider-Man and ends up getting mentored by the hero. It’s an animated feature with a lighter tone which promises some good laughs and a crime fighting adventure.
- The film has three directors, Peter Ramsey and Robert Persichetti Jr., who have both directed a few animated films, and Rodney Rothman who directed 22 Jump Street.
- The screenplay was written by Phil Lord, who also wrote The Lego Movie and both Jump Street movies. Interestingly, he and Christopher Miller were initially hired as the directors of Solo: A Star Wars Story before being replaced.
- Miles Morales will be played by Shameik Moore who you may know from Dope or Netflix’s The Get Down.
- Peter Parker AKA the original Spider-Man will be voiced by Jake Johnson from New Girl.
- Nicholas Cage will reportedly be voicing a character named Spider-Man Noir.
- Hailee Steinfeld will play Gwen Stacy and her alter-ego, Spider-Gwen.
- Mahershala Ali will voice Ultimate Prowler.
- Liev Schreiber will play the villanous Morlun.
What’s Been Released So Far
The trailer for Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse was released by Sony Entertainment early in June. It features a lot of sequences of Morales discovering his powers alongside funny and gratuitous embarrassment from his cop father. The trailer also shows clips of his interactions with Spider-Man who appears to be a somewhat less impressive role model than Morales was expecting.
Some Hasbro toys which feature Miles Morales, Gwen Stacey, The Green Goblin, and more, are soon to be released as well.
What We Want At Comic-Con
Along with Venom, Sony’s Hall H presentation at Comic-Con will likely include Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse. We would love to see the entire cast and crew at the Comic-Con panel. We’re also hoping that Sony will confirm Nicholas Cage’s casting and tell us a bit more about his role in the film.
Since there is already a trailer out for the movie, we’re not looking for much in the way of plot details, but we would love to see more footage from the film; particularly an action sequence since the trailer didn’t show much of that.
Even if we don’t get any new information at San Diego Comic-Con, the trailer Spider-Man: Into The Spider Verse should hold us over until the film comes out December 14.
from GameSpot News https://ift.tt/2KR1OM7