Nintendo Switch Firmware Update 5.0 Now Available
A new firmware update is available for the Nintendo Switch, bringing a couple of new features like 24 new Arms and Kirby player icons. Firmware update 5.0.
Among the new features the ability to add Facebook and Twitter friends who also have a Switch through Friend Suggestions. Also, if you purchase digital software from either a PC or smart device, then it should begin downloading a lot quicker even if the console is in Sleep Mode. You’ll also receive a notification when software that’s been pre-purchased is available to play.
For news enthusiasts, you can now filter news to view only unread news or specific channel news. Parental controls have also changed. If you want to keep the Parental Controls PIN private, then the method of entry has been changed to using the control stick and buttons rather than a number pad on-screen. You can change the input methods by holding down the + button when asked to enter the PIN.
- Facebook and Twitter friends that also use Nintendo Switch can now be added through Friend Suggestions
– Friend suggestions are based on the Facebook and Twitter accounts you have linked to your Nintendo Account
– To view your friend suggestions, from the top left of the HOME Menu head to your User Page > Friend Suggestions
– You must be 13 or older to use this feature
- Select from 24 new ARMS and the Kirby series icons for your user
– To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
- Digital software purchases made from a PC or smart device will start downloading sooner than previously, even if the Nintendo Switch console is in Sleep Mode
- Filter News to view only unread news or news from specific channels
- To keep the Parental Controls PIN private, the default method for PIN entry has been changed to entering using the Control Stick and buttons instead of the on-screen number pad
– When prompted to enter you Parental Controls PIN, press and hold the + Button to change between input methods
- Captured videos in the Album will be restricted by Parental Controls depending on the Restricted Software setting and Software Rating Organization
- Using the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app, add specific software titles to your whitelist to exclude them from the console’s Parental Controls Restricted Software setting
– Play-Time Limit restrictions will still apply even when the software title has been whitelisted.
- Receive notification when pre-purchased software is ready to play
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller grip colors will now display in the Controllers menu
Resolved an issue that caused Play Activity to display incorrectly in the Profile section of your User Page
from GamingBolt.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Previews and Blog http://ift.tt/2FxiKoi