Call of Duty: WW2 PC Patch Now Available, Dev Issuing Bans to Cheaters
Sledgehammer Games’ Call of Duty: WW2 has been suffering from a number of issues since launch and just when it seemed the most recent patch would fix things, they only got worse. The developer has outlined efforts to help players and released a new patch for PC. It also revealed how it’s dealing with cheaters.
In a new Steam post, Sledgehammer Games stated that, “Cheaters and hackers create a plethora of issues in-game and ruin the overall experience for everyone. We are committed to banning those who exploit the game to gain advantage over other players.” It also encouraged players to report cheaters by heading to the Social tab and choosing “Report Player”.
Meanwhile, the PC patch fixes a number of issues like hitching when playing on a 144 Hz monitor in Windowed mode (No border) with Vsync and Freesync enabled; an issue where the FOV would be reset to 65 whenever entering multiplayer; and an issue where the FPS was locked to 60 FPS when using HDR with 60 Hz monitors in Windowed mode without the border. You can check out the full patch notes for PC below which also include buffs and nerfs to certain weapons.
- Fixed an issue where the FOV was being reset to 65 every time the user starts Multiplayer
- Resolved an issue where FPS is locked to 60 fps when using HDR on 60hz monitors in Windowed (No Border) mode
- Fixed a hitching issue when using 144hz monitor in Windowed (Not Border) with Vsync & Freesync enabled
- Ranked Play support added for the upcoming Ranked Season in December
- Support added for Discord
COD:WWII MULTIPLAYER UPDATES:
- Connectivity improvements and optimizations
- Leaderboard stability improvements and bug fixes
General UI improvements
- Various issues with when the party leader disbands the party
- Fixed various issues with parties following the party leader to the HQ
- Fixed a rare issue where players are being booted from public lobbies
- Fixed a host migration issue when the party leader exits the game via exit to desktop
- Fixed issue with kill feed improperly displaying a user has changed their name
- Addressed animation issue with Laughing Emote
- Addressed glare issues with various Weapon Kits while SSR is set to High
- Resolved issue with After Action Report not appearing after Gridiron and Capture the Flag matches
- Addressed uncommon issue where HUD would only display for a single player in Hardcore DOM
- Espionage Basic Training – Reduced painted time from 10 seconds to 6. Made it so only bullet damage paints you
- Addressed issue with Mastery challenges were number of challenges was displaying incorrectly making Challenges impossible to complete
- Fixed tank inversion and sensitivity setting for War tank controls
COD:WWII MULTIPLAYER WEAPON UPDATES:
- Walther Toggle Action Shotgun – damage increased at extremely close range
- Bren LMG – increased damage per shot
- LMG Bipod – Sped up ADS time when in bipod stance
- BAR Rifle – decreased fire rate and widened hip fire spread
- STG44 Rifle – widened hip fire spread
- FG42 Rifle – increased recoil and widened hip fire spread
- Machine Pistol – decreased damage ranges
Fixed a bug with all Sniper Rifles zooming to exact center when aiming down the sights.
COD:WWII NAZI ZOMBIES UPDATES:
- Fixed a crash with host migration while in a public zombies match
- Addressed lighting/glare issues with Tesla gun in Zombies when SSR is enabled.
- Fixed Klaus pathing
- After players prestige once, “WELCOME TO THE HQ” quest pops pack up.
- After finishing a game, classes with Heroic weapons get reset
from GamingBolt.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Previews and Blog http://ift.tt/2ifgAvD